The holiday season means the return of one of Walt Disney World’s most popular events – Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party (MVMCP) at the Magic Kingdom.
On select days in November and December, the Magic Kingdom transforms into a Christmas wonderland. Festive events, attractions, and treats decorate the park from 7:00pm to close. Word of Mouse Tip: ticket holders can enter the park at 4:00pm. Pricing for MVMCP varies depending on which day you attend, and if you have Annual Passholder or Disney Vacation Club discounts.
MVMCP Shows and Events
A Frozen Holiday Wish
Anna and Elsa lead a celebration with friends on the castle stage that ends with Elsa using her powers to transform Cinderella Castle into a shimmering ice castle.
Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration
In this live show, Mickey and his pals hold a holiday gathering that celebrates friendship and music from the castle stage.
Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
Twice per night, at 8:30pm and 11:00pm, this festive parade down Mainstreet USA features dancing gingerbread men, marching toy soldiers, Disney characters, and Santa Claus!
Holiday Wishes Fireworks
A special fireworks display set to holiday music.
A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas Show
Held several times per party, this 20 minute stage show and dance party is held near Space Mountain. Mike Wazowski and other Tommorowland characters entertain with holiday songs and dances.
Complimentary Holiday Treats
Guests will be treated to complimentary snacks at various locations throughout Magic Kingdom.
- Snowman Soft Pretzels and Sno-Cones at Tortuga Tavern.
- Ginger Molasses Cookies and Eggnog at Liberty Square Ticket Office.
- Silky Smooth DOVE® Chocolates and Sparking Apple Cider at The Friar’s Nook.
- Peppermint Crunch Cookies and Nestle® Nesquik® at Pete’s Silly Sideshow.
- Snickerdoodle Cookies and Hot Chocolate at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café.
- Santa Claus Cookies and Sno-Cones at Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies.
Holiday Wishes Dessert Party
Secure your spot for the Holiday Wishes Fireworks and sample some tasty treats when you add a Fireworks Holiday Dessert Party to your plans. Choose from two packages:
- Fireworks Holiday Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace: Features reserved seating throughout the experience—both during the dessert party and the fireworks. Available select nights. $79 for adults and $47 for children ages 3-9, plus tax.
- Fireworks Holiday Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing: Features reserved seating during the dessert party and a reserved standing area during the fireworks. Available select nights. $59 for adults and $35 for children ages 3-9, plus tax.
Crowd Information and Planning Tips
Crowds at MVMCP tend to be concentrated around specific events, especially parades and fireworks. Good news though – Disney limits the number of tickets sold for each party, ensuring smaller crowds than a normal operating day. Parties tend to be busier closer to Christmas and on weekend nights.
If you’re looking for a sit down (table service) meal during the party, Be Our Guest, Cinderella’s Royal Table, and Crystal Palace will be open. Word of Mouse Tip: taking time for a table service meal will cut into your party time. We suggest sticking to quick service, or just enjoy the complimentary snacks!
Looking for more holiday fun at Walt Disney World? Check out our previous post about holiday events at Hollywood Studios, and stay tuned this week for a post about Epcot’s holiday offerings.